The nature of our respective professions and our work ethics are such that we have spent a lifetime gathering and validating data prior to exploiting it. We have become well data experts.
We have seen chronic wastage due to inadequate planning of the data acquisition, quality-control of the data acquired, and corporate data management.
Now we want to give you the benefit of our decades of experience to reduce the non-quality and inefficiencies frequently associated with well data through improved planning and early intervention.
Here are some of the projects our principals have executed:
- 2016: data management project – gathering and organisation of a large inventory of digital files, offline media, hard copy documents, etc for international company in Australia
- 2014: market review of specialised data acquisition contractors and their capabilities for a government body in Australia
- 2014: due diligence on the conversion of a brown field to a shale oil project in South America
- 2013: delivery of the course Log Data Acquisition and Quality Control
- 2013: systematic conditioning of legacy well data in preparation for study work
- 2012: review of a logging contract during the negotiation, with identification of scope for very significant cost reductions
- 2012: definition, management and execution of a print digitization project, including detailed lasting audit-trail
- 2011-12: well log digitisation project for a national company in West Africa
- 2011: well data conditioning and management project for a super-major office in Western Australia
- 2010-11: well data management project for a (different) super-major office in Western Australia
- 2010: well data conditioning and management project for a US-based company’s office in Western Australia in the exploration phase
- 2000-2012: numerous well data quality control, data conditioning, data preparation for transmittal, data preparation for uploading, etc, for a variety of companies in the course of integrated subsurface work in exploration and development
- 1999: audit of the quality of a large set of well data for a super-major’s office in South-East Asia
- 1998: full migration of an original format database from one database on a platform to another for a super-major office in the Middle East
- 1994-1998: project planning, management and execution of a large original format and results database for a super-major’s office in South-East Asia
- 1991-1994: project management and execution of an early version of an original format database for a super-major’s office in West Africa