The nature of our respective professions and our work ethics are such that we have spent a lifetime gathering and validating data prior to exploiting it. We have become well data experts.
We have seen chronic wastage due to inadequate planning of the data acquisition, quality-control of the data acquired, and corporate data management.
Now we want to give you the benefit of our decades of experience to reduce the non-quality and inefficiencies frequently associated with well data through improved planning and early intervention.
Here are some of the projects our principals have executed:
- 2022-23: Presenting internationally an SPE Distinguished Lecturer talk on “Surviving the Digital Transformation”.
- 2021-22: due diligence on well data acquisition program in West Africa, supervision of data acquisition in the field during ultra-deep offshore drilling operations, post-acquisition quality control.
- 2021: Presented talk on “How to get the Digital Transformation Right (this time)” at Technical Meeting of the International Society of Automation (ISA).
- 2021: Conditioning and overview of set of legacy well data from an offshore SE Asia field.
- 2020: Presented talk on “The Data Management of Context” at the SPDM Technical Meeting in London, UK.
- 2020: Presented SPWLA Regional Distinguished Lecturer talk on “Log Quality Control… Easy as 1-2-3?” at SPWLA/FESM Technical Meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; at the SPWLA/LPS Technical Meeting in London, UK; at the SPWLA Technical Meeting in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2020: Presented talk on “Lessons from a Petrophysicist’s Experiences in Machine Learning” at SPWLA/FESAus Technical Meeting in Perth, Australia.
- 2019: Presented talk on “Opportunities and Risks from Machine Learning in Oil and Gas” at the Inaugural IoT & Machine Learning in Oil and Gas Conference in Perth, Australia.
- 2019: writing and presentation of article on “Demystifying Log Quality Control” at the International Field Exploration and Development Conference (IFEDC) in Xian, P.R. of China.
- 2018: due diligence on well data acquisition program in West Africa, supervision of data acquisition in the field during ultra-deep offshore drilling operations, post-acquisition quality control.
- 2018: delivery of the course Log Data Acquisition and Quality Control in Japan (twice).
- 2018: data management project for onshore field in Australia.
- 2018: authored and presented SPE article on “Demystifying Log Quality Control” at the Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition (APOGCE) in Perth, Australia.
- 2017: presentation on well log reliability at EAGE Workshop on Seismic Inversion for Reservoir Characterisation in Perth, Australia.
- 2017: Launch of Australia West PPDM Leadership Team, the first overseas section of the PPDM Association.
- 2016: Article on “Trends in Well Depth Errors” co-authored with Harald Bolt and presented at the EAGE Workshop on Velocities: Reducing Uncertainties in Depth, in Perth, Australia.
- 2016: data management project – gathering and organisation of a large inventory of digital files, offline media, hard copy documents, etc for international company in Australia
- 2014: market review of specialised data acquisition contractors and their capabilities for a government body in Australia
- 2014: Article “10 Things to Know About Well Logs” published in Oct. 2014 issue of Foundations magazine.
- 2014: Article on “Current Status of Well Logging Data Deliverables and a Vision Forward” co-authored (with Philippe Theys,Thuy Roque, Monica Vik Constable, and John Williams) and presented at SPWLA Annual Conference in Abu Dhabi.
- 2014: due diligence on the conversion of a brown field to a shale oil project in South America
- 2013: delivery of the course Log Data Acquisition and Quality Control
- 2013: Article “Is Well Depth Underestimated?” published in August 2013 issue of Oilfield Technology.
- 2013: systematic conditioning of legacy well data in preparation for study work
- 2012: review of a logging contract during the negotiation, with identification of scope for very significant cost reductions
- 2012: definition, management and execution of a print digitization project, including detailed lasting audit-trail
- 2011-12: well log digitisation project for a national company in West Africa
- 2011: well data conditioning and management project for a super-major office in Western Australia
- 2010-11: well data management project for a (different) super-major office in Western Australia
- 2010: well data conditioning and management project for a US-based company’s office in Western Australia in the exploration phase
- 2000-2012: numerous well data quality control, data conditioning, data preparation for transmittal, data preparation for uploading, etc, for a variety of companies in the course of integrated subsurface work in exploration and development
- 1999: audit of the quality of a large set of well data for a super-major’s office in South-East Asia
- 1998: full migration of an original format database from one database on a platform to another for a super-major office in the Middle East
- 1994-1998: project planning, management and execution of a large original format and results database for a super-major’s office in South-East Asia
- 1991-1994: project management and execution of an early version of an original format database for a super-major’s office in West Africa